* Ceiling lights are spotlights or shades with an enclosed bulb, usually fitted centrally. Pendant lights aren't suitable as bulbs are exposed.
* Shower lights are recessed spotlights, specially waterproofed to protect them from shower spray.
* Wall lights usually don't have to be enclosed. Two or three around a mirror should be enough but, for extra brightness, mix with ceiling lights.
* Mirror lights create light where it's needed for shaving and applying make-up. They can be built into the mirror or fitted above or to the side.
* Floor and bath panel lights provide relaxing low-level lighting – or just enough light if you need to pop to the loo in the middle of the night
* Mood lighting gives bathrooms the wow factor. It includes illuminated rails, shelves, cabinets, underwater bath lights or tile lights for the shower.