Get lost in your own private paradise - even if it's in the middle of the city - with a garden that's a haze of lush green with hidden delights around every corner.
Get the look with 5 key elements:
- Twisting paths Create sections in your garden with a winding path made from stepping stones, railway sleepers or bark chips.
- Hidden focal points The nooks of the pathway are the places to put statues, water features or dramatically coloured flowers.
- Private place Go for a table and chairs nestled into a shady corner, create a decked area surrounded by plants, or string a hammock up as the ultimate summer snoozing spot.
- Oversized plants Use large plants with frond-like leaves that will overhang pathways and obscure the view. It'll keep visitors guessing what's around the next turn.
- Decorative pieces We decorate our houses, so why not our gardens? Add a bit of eye-catching interest with glass baubles hung from trees, mini-lanterns strung along branches or a mirror to reflect the garden around it.