Take life outside this summer and create a slick outdoor room - perfect for super-stylish days and nights of entertaining or chilling out with friends...
Get the look with 5 key essentials:
- Dual-purpose deck Use it as your garden and your living room. This could be an extended patio space - decked or paved - but the overall look should be sleek and simple.
- Smart containers Plants should be structual and grown in pots or sunken beds. Try using gabions- metal cages - that can be filled with anything from pebbles to bottles.
- Chunky furniture Creating the living space means having comfortable, yet chic, all-weather furniture. Large metal or rattan chairs and day beds with upholstered pads will give you the luxurious look you need.
- Outdoor gadgets Think touch-button lighting schemes, professional gas barbecues, weatherproof TVs and hidden speakers.
- Night lights Keep garden parties going into the night with lights that show off features and plants while creating ambient light. Use lanterns and tealights, too.